• Document the company’s database environment
• Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
• Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
• Finding DMV queries to answer questions about server-level performance
• As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
• Install and configure new SQL Servers.
• Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities.
• Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc)
• When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
• Must have experience in managing large & very large databases (TByte)
Skills Required: -
• Must have good communication skills (Written and Verbal)
• Must past experience on SQL Server 2005 and above
• Good exposure on Installation, configuration of database servers and instance tuning.
• Expertise in troubleshooting and performance monitoring SQL Server Database server (Query Tuning, Server Tuning, Disk Performance Monitoring, CPU bottlenecks etc.)
• Expertise in T-SQL and writing efficient and highly performing SQL Statements.
• Expertise in SQL Server Internals, wait events, profiler, windows events, etc.