Bajaj Auto is among the largest motorcycle manufacturers in the world producing and selling about 4 million vehicles annually. It operates a very large network of more than 5000 locations of Dealers, Service Centers, and Distributors across India. Added to this is the overseas network across 5 continents, spread across countries where Bajaj Auto’s products are exported. Its different business units such as Motorcycles, Commercials vehicles, Pro-biking, along with their dealers, service centers, and distributors etc. needed to be united under one umbrella of Bajaj Brand.
When scouting for a dealer network management system, Bajaj zeroed in on Excellon for its cutting edge technology and vast experience to assure a successful implementation. Bajaj selected Excellon’s cloud based DMS 5 for its high usability, high scalability, and high flexibility to accommodate complexity of Bajaj business with ease.
Excellon was presented with a set of challenges for Bajaj in managing their wide network of several thousand locations.
1. There was a need for availability of critical business information on timely basis on enquiries, sales, service, and warranty etc from the network.
2. Equipping field teams for sales, service, and spares as well as dealer teams with real-time updated information was a necessity.
3. Different business units, such as Motorcycles, Commercials vehicles, Pro-biking with their dealers, distributors, warehouses, etc. required a single unified solution, where each one with different needs could operate and make decisions independently.
4. Tight Integration of Excellon’s cloud based DMS with the backend ERP like SAP was a critical requirement for real-time seamless flow of information to various stakeholders and decision makers.
1. Excellon configured, customized, and deployed a complete dealer network management suite “Excellon 5 DMS”.
2. Deployment completed successfully on the cloud and integrated with SAP.
3. Successful DMS deployment was followed by rollout implementation at individual locations.
1. Simplified and direct Communication quickly without multiple layers changed the operational and decision efficiency for stakeholders.
2. Implementation at different business verticals is ensuring the unification of these business units under a single brand umbrella.
3. Large number of dealers with branches, sub-dealers, service centers, distributors etc have gone online as the rollout continues.
Several thousand locations in the network make this as one of the largest deployment in the world for Automotive DMS. A compelling testimony to Excellon’s edge in assuring success!