Ashok Leyland which is the 2nd largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in India, the 4th largest manufacturer of buses and the 16th largest manufacturer of trucks globally was scouting for a DMS system for their joint venture, Lanka Ashok Leyland (LAL). Lanka Ashok Leyland imports and markets buses, trucks, truck chassis, spare parts, power generators, and accessories. It also offers repair and restoration services for commercial vehicles and after-sales and ancillary services. Lanka Leyland did not have a system in place and Excellon software’s highly trained team of professionals and years of experience handling automotive enterprises was a key deciding factor.
The task at hand was extensive and exciting, as Excellon software had to customize and buildmany new features in a DMS systemfrom scratch.
Lanka Leyland was not only looking to modernize their business process but also wanted centralized control and management by accessing real-time data and financial visibility of its Distribution & Service network.
1. The Lanka operation was in a dire need to optimize their business processes.
2. Lanka Leyland needed IT infrastructure to manage its 173 strong sales and distribution network.
3. The major conjecture was to gain centralized control and management through gaining access to real-time data and financial visibility of its Distribution network.
1. The Excellon software team deployed an end to end Excellon Dealer Management Solution for Lanka Leyland’s 173 distributors across Sri Lanka. after examining and analysing the Lanka Leyland model.
2. As all the transactions and processes were managed manually an on-premise Excellon Software solution was installed by sharing the Application with the Admin team which then installed it.
3. An integrated Generators module for its Generator business ‘Genset’ was incorporated in the Software along with the CRM, Vehicles, Spares, Inventory, Finance and Service Management module.
4. Further extensive training was provided to the System Users to orient them to the new DMS infrastructure.
1. The deployment of Excellon software solution enabled Lanka Leyland to outstrip the old manual processes and replace it with a modern automated one.
2. The much needed real-time access to information was achieved.
3. Real-time data and financial visibility of its Distribution network enabled the Lanka Leyland headquarters to achieve centralized control and better management system.
4. The Finance module also had Control Accounts that additionally provided them with a consolidated Inventory value, Revenueand Turnover.